How to get Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
PCCs are required for various purposes. Depending upon what application you are filing, and to which country, you may need one or both types of PCCs.
Type 1: Regional Passport Office – PCC: This is a clearance that the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) gives you, and you need to apply through the PSK office. This is issued as a stamp in your passport and an accompanying letter stating that there is nothing adverse against you in police records.
Type 2: Commissioner of Police: This is a clearance issued from the office of the Commissioner of Police, Bangalore City Police. This is to state that there is nothing adverse against you and you don’t have/had any legal issues pending against you.
Regional Passport Office – Type 1
- Register as a user at http://www.passportindia.gov.in/.
When you register make sure to select the right PSK for your address.
- Apply online.Provide correct details. Know your police station.
- Print application reference no.(ARN).
- You don’t have to book any appointment at PSK.
- For address proof-Passport,Passport copy,Proof of Present Address.The following link lists other documents that can be submitted.
- AT PSK if all the documents are in order,they will provide you a token no.and send you inside for further process.
- Once the document submission is completed,police verification will be initiated immediately.
- Copy of all the documents that you submitted at PSK may be submitted for police verification along with 2 passport photos and additional proofs.If the documents are in order,you will be asked to fill in some application and sign during police verification.
- The police after the above process will forward it to commissioner’s office.From there it will be forwarded to passport office.
- Upon receiving the verification details from commissioner’s office,passport office will SMS/E-mail you to collect the PCC.
- Bring original passport with you to collect PCC.
Police SPs office – Type 2
- Obtain a form from the SP office and fill it.
- Pay the fees, and obtain a challan.
- Submit the form,along with challan , address proof, 3 photos at the Commissioner’s Office.
- The form will be processed at the Commissioner’s Office.
- From there , it will get forwarded to your local police station.
- Officers from your police station will call you visit your residence for verification.
- You will need to keep the following ready when the police visit for verification.Police will record you statement and take signature on the verification form.
- Once this verification is completed, the police station will send the paper back to the Commissioner’s Office with remarks.
- Once the documents from local police are received your file will be processed and Police Clearance Certificate will be printed and kept ready for dispatch.
- You can collect PCC.
- If you need 2 copies, you can submit 2 forms, make payments for each of the forms.
- Please do not approach agents/agencies who claim to offer to get the police verification done.
- The process of issuing PCC/PVC is done exclusively by Police department only.
- Agencies claiming to do verification/background verification are not acceptable.
Work Flow for PCC
- Receive of Application
- Upload the Application in to the Police IT
- Applicant will receive SMS
- On receiving SMS process of verification by jurisdiction Police Station
- After the verification process jurisdiction police station upload the data with their Recommendatory/Not Recommendatory remarks in to the Police IT
- On receipt of the report from jurisdictional police station Your PVC/PCC will be printed and issued